Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tete a tete

I have a visitor, unsolicited,
In spite of my asking, she stays on.
Her half veiled face shows every day.
By twilight she comes,
We drink to our solitude,
Reminisce of some forgotten days,
Of some forgotten face.
We walk through those old roads,
That had left us desolate.
We do not hold back, we speak.
I want her to know that I was right,
She too reasons,
Deep down, yet qualmish we remain.
Probably that ounce is for another evening,
Probably for another drink.
I donot want her here,
Neither does she want me,
Where else do we go, but here.

The west sky is painted red,
They have started making love,
My past and my present.
The two remain unsolicited,
Yet they are here, where else can they go?

2 comments:

AtomicGitten said...

I think this is probably one of your best pieces. Loved the closing stanza and the way you sustained the tension between the visitor and the visited. Really really liked it. :D

karthik said...

thank you! atomicgitten. thank you.