Monday, January 9, 2012

The Lighthouse

As I walk by the beach, waves washing away the footsteps I leave,
I wonder where that youth and zeal vanished to.
Knowing fully well, that no glory lies ahead, no cause too noble,
That truth is, only till the twist of logic.

Now, that there are only questions and no answers, may it be known,
That there is childhood and then there is life.
No pain seems too great that numbness cannot take its place.
Isn’t today but a rehearsal of tomorrow?

The road I walked by, hold no mark of my soul,
Here by these rocks, there used to be a lighthouse
Up to which, against the wind, I used to race.
Can someone tell me whatever happened to it?

Many a nightmares made my sleep terrible, as a child many a fears I used to know.
The spans of time have got me over them all but one.
And I remain clinging on to life dear, for the fear of death alone.
Can there be a better reason to life than that?

Hey dearest of strangers, here by these rocks there for sure used to be a light house,
While I write an obit to it,
Can someone tell me, if the roads ahead will show me the lighthouse again?

2 comments:

AtomicGitten said...

Have you read Yeats' "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"?

karthik said...

No. ??